Thursday, April 17, 2014

New Life

I wish to apologize for my long sabbatical from my blog. I did not intend for it to be so long, but the last part of my pregnancy was a bit complicated and once my little one came along I was diagnosed with postpartum depression. There was much that I needed to get used to.

Now, I am happy to say that God has blessed us with a son, whom we have named Richard Thomas.

Like I said in previous posts, my pregnancy was nothing like I expected it to be, and delivery was nothing like I hoped it would be either. I had always planned on getting an epidural since I have a rather low tolerance for pain. My doctors were aware of my wishes and were happy to accommodate as best they could.

Even though I was 3cm dilated for about a month and I had lost my mucus plug 3 weeks before I was due, I still carried past my due date. When my due date came, my blood pressure started to rise and it did not come down. My doctors then feared I was suffering from preeclampsia, so they started to induce me on a Tuesday night. When the pill they gave me did not start active labor, they then gave me Pitocin. 20 minutes later I went from being 4 cm dilated to 8cm dilated. It was too late to administer any drug medication and it just so happened that the guy who did the epidurals was unavailable...therefore I had to deliver my baby with no medication to help with the pain!

Needless to say I was mentally and emotionally unprepared for such a trauma. I knew that labor was going to be painful, but naturally it was nothing like I had expected. Thankfully, my hubby was there with me the entire time. He said that it broke his heart to see me in such pain, but he did all that he could to assist. I could not be more grateful for all that he did for me.

After 6 hours of active labor, our son finally arrived. He was 8lbs 1oz and 20 inches long, and came with a full head of red hair! He could not have been more perfect!

I adored my son the first moment that I saw him and I praised God!

It has taken many weeks to get adjusted to a newborn at home, and I was greatly overwhelmed. But now, things seem to have settled down into a new routine and I return to work on May 1st.

My spiritual life is still in disarray. I am working on returning to a life with God at my center, so I ask that you continue to keep me in your prayers. Things are looking up, and I hope to start a new life this Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment