Monday, June 27, 2011

In Reference to My Last Post

Ok, still talking about homosexual 'marriage' here:

I was reading the Gospel of Matthew last night and I came across this:
"Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it." (Matthew 19:12)
Is this a reference to the fact that those who have homosexual tendencies ought to accept the single life? I'll admit, I am no theologian. Just thinkin'.

1 comment:

  1. Amelia, I just ran across this on your blog post list. I think you were inspired to share this quote from Matthew. A relative I am very close to is gay, and he struggles so much with his Catholic identity and hope for happiness, like all of us. It is so hard to help him, and I always look for some way to do so. I am going to keep this quote from Matthew -- I think you are absolutely right about what it may be saying about homosexual marriage. God has certainly given us a terribly difficult thing to deal with in this issue, particularly when it is not just an issue, but the daily struggles of one we love. Thanks for this, Amelia.

    ReplyDelete