Friday, March 30, 2012

Fasting and Feminism

The USCCB has asked the faithful to spend a day of fasting and prayer focusing on the dismal HHS Contraception Mandate which denies our religious freedom. I don't know about you, but I hate fasting. I do believe that it is my least favorite penance, but I do fully comprehend that graces that come with it. And even though I don't like it, I do it anyway. It brings us closer to God and it makes me even more thankful for everything that we have.

Last Saturday I was flipping through the channels and I came across a documentary on Gloria Steinem. It was actually an interesting documentary. I never heard of her before and it really showed me how the radical 1960's -1970's 'feminism' came into play. I put the word feminism in quotes because that radical movement is no where close to what real feminism is, so I will continue to put it in quotes when I refer to faux 'feminism'.

Steinem was a journalist, and one of her first stories when she started to come on to the scene was to go behind the scenes of the new Playboy franchise to document the life of a Playboy bunny. Now, I will say one thing: she was right about the fact that companies like Playboy degrade and exploit women purely for male pleasure. However, she took this very basic thought and just ran wild with it.
To her and her comrades, women had to become like men in order to be successful. She was one of the key 'feminist' figures who fought for contraceptive and abortion laws. Therefore, in order to be women of worth, we have to deny our natural reproductive system and look at motherhood as a thing to be avoided at all costs.

Jean Brennan, who was influenced by the radical 'feminist' movement and has now spoken out against it, said that this movement had a very dangerous agenda that pitted women against their own husbands and children. She called the movement very self-centered. Which it was, and in some ways, still is.
What is the rally cry for the Pro-Choice movement? My body, my choice. None of them take into consideration the body or choice of the child growing in the womb.

The original feminists were actually Pro-Life! Did you know that?



Susan B. Anthony said, "No matter what the motive, love of ease, or a desire to save from suffering the unborn innocent, the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed. It will burden her conscience in life, it will burden her soul in death; But oh, thrice guilty is he who drove her to the desperation which impelled her to the crime!"


Alice Paul said, "Abortion is the ultimate exploitation of women."


Virginia Woodhull said, "Every woman knows that if she were free, she would never bear an unwished-for child, nor think of murdering one before its birth."


The 'feminist' movement from the 60's and 70's only want to suppress real womanhood and turn women into men. We should embrace our femininity in all of it's glorious aspects. Instead of suppressing our fertility, we should embrace it and work with it! That is why I love Natural Family Planning. I am working with my natural system to plan my family with my husband. I am a woman and I am 100% happy with who I am. Naturally!  




No comments:

Post a Comment