Thursday, March 22, 2012

Anxiety!

Ugh...the pain of waiting. I know that they say that patience is a virtue, but when it comes to finding out if you're pregnant with your first child I say that patience is in short supply. At least in my case. In the meantime I have basically been reading everything that I can find on the internet about pregnancy and early pregnancy symptoms. Yet, it seems to me the early pregnancy symptoms are a lot like PMS. I am praying that God will grant me patience, but still, this is all that I can think about.

Lots of things are running through my mind: names, baby supplies, what colour should I paint the nursery walls, can I take headache medicine, I've given up alcohol for Lent, it may be another 9 months before I can have wine again, maternity clothes, doctors, etc. Funny thing, when I went to the grocery store last night to pick up some yogurt (because I think I should increase my calcium intake) someone left coupons for baby wipes at the self-checkout coupon printer. Is that some sort of sign? Needless to say I did take the coupon just in case.

So, if anyone reads my blog, could you please pray that God will grant me patience during the 2ww (2 week wait)? It would be greatly appreciated.
I'll be off to Bible Study tonight to hopefully take my mind off of things and focus me more on God.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis!

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you! I remember the waiting too - don't you wish you could take a pregnancy test right away?

    ReplyDelete