Thursday, April 26, 2012

Graduation and Infertility

Yes, it is true, after 3 1/2 years of working full time and going to graduate school part time, I finally have a Masters Degree!! YES! I never thought I would finish!
Now, I can actually clean my house which I've neglected so much, write a book, play piano, read, and do all the things I've never had time to do before! Oh, I am so excited!

The hubby bought me the sweetest graduation gift; a new piano book. He said that he misses hearing me play the piano and he's hoping I'll get back into it.
Also, now that I am done grad school, it means that I'll be able to go to daily Mass and Bible study more often. I'll be able to concentrate more on my prayer and spiritual life!

So, today I came across this story about a Catholic school teacher who was fired for participating in invitro fertilization. Now, while I do agree with the Church's teaching that IVF is wrong, I don't agree with the school's action of firing the teacher. I don't recall that someone needed to be in a state of grace to work at a Catholic school. Now, the article doesn't state this, but maybe she didn't know the Church's teachings on IVF, and maybe once she did know she asked for forgiveness. Never the less, they've brought a suit against the diocese, so we'll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment