Friday, October 11, 2013

21 Weeks Pregnant

I would like to apologize for not spending more time on my blog. I must admit that being pregnant is a lot different than what I thought it would be. I expected to have the pregnant mommy glow by now and that is not exactly happening.

 
                                                            Things I wish I knew:
 


1) I always thought that morning sickness was when you puke then feel better for the rest of the day. I didn't think it could mean feeling like you're walking around with the flu.
2) You have weird dreams...like REALLY weird dreams.
3) Sleeping can be an issue.
4) You can actually LOSE weight during pregnancy. I lost 10 pounds! However, I quickly gained it back and am now back at my pre-pregnancy weight.
5) Tastes change. I have lost my taste for fish...but seem to like the taste of beer (very small sips from the hubby's glass, mind you).
6) I never thought that I would miss alcohol this much. I'm not a big drinker, but I miss my glass of wine at the end of a hectic day.
7) Baby movements can feel like little bubbles in your tummy.
8) Maternity clothes are expensive!
9) You pee in a cup every time you go to the doctor's office for an exam.
10) Your new best friend is your body pillow.
 
Also, I did not think that being pregnant would have such an effect on my emotional and spiritual life. My spiritual and prayer life is still in the tanker. I am just having a difficult time communicating with God and I don't know why. Plus, I am having some severe bouts of depression.
 
I am hoping that the more I feel my baby move the more I will bond with him/her. The hubby is insistent that he does not want to know the gender. So, we've nicknamed our baby 'Butterbean'. I think it's a boy, so I refer to the baby as 'him'. I believe it to be natural to almost assign your baby a gender so that you don't refer to the baby as 'it'. It makes the bonding process a little easier.
 
I ask everyone to please keep me in your prayers. The hubby has been so wonderful in dealing with my emotional problems and I am thankful for his love and support. I hope to be back on top of the world very soon!
 
Saint Gerard Majella, please pray for me!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm Judy. I have a question and would love to speak with you more. Please email me when you get a chance, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, do you feel comfortable giving me your email? If not, you can email me at agarland915@gmail.com.

      Delete
  2. I hope things are going well, Amelia! I'm Heather and have a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete