Tuesday, August 20, 2013

13 Weeks and Counting

So, I am nearing the end of my first trimester. The nausea and fatigue are mostly gone, but I still have my moments of sickness which occur mainly in the evenings. Weird, huh? If any of the old wives tales are correct it would seem that I am carrying a boy. I say this because I am carrying low, I'm craving salt, and I don't think I have burped so much in my life.

 
The odd thing is, being pregnant has wreaked havoc on my spiritual life. I am having a hard time praying and connecting with God. I think it may be because I am struggling with the sickness and all I want to do is try to figure out what I can stomach to eat. I've been going to bed insanely early because my sickness is worse in the evenings.
 
I can only pray that things will look up as I head into the second trimester, which is supposed to be the 'golden period' of pregnancy. We'll find out soon enough.
 
I will be meeting with Deacon within the next few weeks to discuss his plans for a Bible Study class that he wants me to teach. Maybe teaching this class will bring me the spiritual support that I need and bring me closer to God.
 
I ask that everyone please keep me in your prayers. I want to dedicate more time to blogging on more important matters and hopefully I will be able to very soon.
 
Saint Gerard Majella, pray for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment