Friday, April 12, 2013

Worn Down

I'm sitting at home watching The Five Year Engagement, and I am finding it somewhat funny and disturbing at the same time. Definitely not going to be on my watch again list.

I am getting thoroughly annoyed with this homosexual marriage debate. It is literally wearing me down. I am having a difficult time with the debates and people I know (not really sure if you can call them friends) and fellow parishioners calling me a judgemental bigot.

Ugh. I just want to withdraw from the world and try to re-center myself with God. If I write a long blog post complaining about society and how we're going to hell in a handwoven reed basket, you'll know that I drank too much Arbor Mist and am taking out my angst out on the computer.

Is there a patron saint for people who are feeling disillusioned with the world? Ah, I got one...Saint John of the Cross...the Carmelite who was best buds with Saint Theresa of Avila. He was imprisoned and beaten up by his fellow brothers. If that doesn't make one compelled to become disillusioned, then I don't know what does.

Saint John of the Cross, pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. I'll join that party. I know we're supposed to engage the world and shine our light, but most of the time I'd rather just sit at home and not watch the news.

    ReplyDelete