Friday, June 29, 2012

OMG! What Have I Done?

I am not going to waste a lot of time typing about my disaproval of SCOTUS passing Obamacare. I think there are good things and bad things about this plan. But the bad outweigh the good. Lets just say a lot of people are gonna be upset when they no longer receive their tax refund checks. Then we can simply laugh at them and say, "I told you so!" I am just thanking our lucky stars that Rick and I are married and have health insurance. The next hurdle is gonna be the HHS mandate. I hope everyone has been praying during the Fortnight for Freedom! I have!

ANYway, moving on. I am wondering if being persuaded to help lead the American Heritage Girl troupe at my church was a mistake. I have gone to two meetings and and completely overwhelmed. The ladies leading the troupe are the sweetest ladies you'll ever meet. They are also pretty headstrong and have like 5 kids each...of all ages, who are all homeschooled. So while they were nursing, changing diapers, running after kids, they were also strategizing and coming up with a plan for the upcoming year. I have to admire them for that. These are strong Catholic women. But I feel so out of place.

I am not a mother, yet, I am extremely introverted, and I am not one for planning and organizing events. I am the one who you will find tucked into a corner reading a book.



I voiced my concerns, saying that I felt I could potentially be more of a hinderance than a help. I was told that they were in need of a non-mommy figure to work with these young ladies. For some reason they see me as 'young and hip'. Well, I'm 29, but I don't think I am very 'hip'. I am not sure how much of an influence I can be.

Needless to say, I feel lost. I am not a quitter, especially when I feel an organization needs help, so I will push forward and just hope that I don't get in anyone's way and that they don't dislike me in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment