Thursday, August 11, 2011

Saint Francis of Assisi, Pray for Us!

Two nights ago, two of my precious kitties, Tristan and Darcy, got outside. They are indoor/outdoor cats, but we only let them out when at least one of us will be home most of the day. My cats are typically very good about staying in close proximity to the house and coming when called. We do not let them stay out past dusk. Tristan and Darcy escaped into the night after Rick and I went to bed and did not come home all day.

I panicked! I love my three cats like they are my children! I had horrible thoughts of never seeing them again. Sally, my good kitty who never gets into trouble, became heartsick for her playmates. Rick and walked all around our neighbor hood calling their names and we prayed to every saint we could think of; St. Francis of Assisi, St. Martin DePorres, St. Julian of Norwhich (Is she a saint, BTW? I can't seem to find a concrete answer on that.) I gave up my search at 11pm. On the verge of tears I took some valerian and tried to fall asleep.

I had a very restless night. But around 3:30 in the morning I heard a distinctive meow downstairs. Sally was curled up in the kitty condo beside out bed, so I go downstairs and see Tristan had returned home. I was so happy to see her, I picked her up and hugged her like I would never have the opportunity to hold her again. I woke Rick up and he followed suit, relieved to see her.

It appears that Tristan and Darcy may have gotten into a scrap with another cat in our neighborhood. Poor Tristan has a small cut beneath her eye, thankfully it did not harm the eye itself. She seemed a little shaken when she returned home. She didn't eat anything but drank a lot of water.

Darcy has yet to return. Please pray that he comes home soon and that he is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment