Saturday, August 6, 2011

Get Your Free Birth Control!

There are approximately 43 days until our wedding and I am so excited that I can not find the appropriate words! So far everything seems to be going smoothly. The DJ, photographer and bagpiper have been booked, so has the reception hall and the florist. So, things are moving along rather smoothly.

I am sure you have heard by now that Obamacare has decreed that pregnancy is a disease and should be prevented using free birth control, paid for by the taxpayer. Is it just me or is this the stupidest thing you have ever heard in your life? The government is basically subsidizing promiscuity and promotes sex without consequences.

In all honesty, when I was on the magical pill, before I started practicing NFP, it cost me $5 a month with my health insurance, and boy did I have a hard time paying it every month! It was very difficult for me to give up my monthly McDonalds binge to instead pay for my birth control.

The government is not promoting NFP in any way, which in my mind makes no sense. America is in financial straights and the AAA credit rating we had has been dropped, which is not good. So, instead of promoting NFP, which is natural, hormone free, eco-friendly, and FREE, the government wants taxpayer money to go toward that magical pill, which, in the end, will cost America more money. How is this logical?
Instead of teaching our teens that it is best to save sex to marriage, we are saying, 'Well, you're gonna end up having sex anyway, so we'll pay for your birth control so you don't get knocked up'.

Ok, enough venting. Honestly, the government is putting it's nose where it does not belong and is becoming too big for it's own good. The Founding Fathers warned about big government. Obamacare has announced clearly that it has an anti-life agenda, which is terrifying. When November comes it is going to be more important than ever to learn the stances of everyone running for office. If you do not have a Pro-Life agenda, you will not get my vote. Period!

No comments:

Post a Comment